Friday 21 September 2007

Manzanares

I am going to write about a very special place ...Every weekend I go to the countryside. The place is called Manzanares. It is situated between Pilar and Fatima, in the north of Buenos Aires . I must say that in Manzanares we can see a lot of nature, there are trees, bushes and different types of flowers .It has a small place with an old church, where I go and meet friends on Sunday. It has a modern bakery, where you can buy cookies, bread and delicious cakes. If you need something for cooking you can go to “Lo de Víctor” a butcher and market. In front of this, there is a square and the primary school. The place is divided in twos by the railway. There aren’t any shoe-shops or clothes-stores. You can’t find a hotel in Manzanares. If you want pizza and ice-cream you can get a pizza delivered.Twice a year there is a festival where well-known folklore singers take part in concerts. The festival is called “Manzanares’ birthday”. It takes place in the main street during the whole day on April 3rd and October 12th. I really enjoy going there because I can buy souvenirs and have fun.I prefer going to Manzares in spring and Summer because the weather is warmer than in Autumm but despite the cold weather I love this place because I find peace and I can relax.

Lots of kisses

Sara Palacios.


No comments: